Benefits of Chiropractic Care during a pregnancy include:
- Reduced low back, mid and neck pain (including sciatica)
- Reduced headache and jaw tension
- Rib subluxations, presenting as sharp mid back pain are common amongst pregnant patients and is often fully resolved with adjustments
- Paresthesia - numbness & tingling in the hands, arms or feet
- Help with Carpal Tunnel symptoms
- Reduce SPD - Symphysis Pubis Disorder
- Resolve Breech & Transverse Alignment - via Webster Technique
- Encourage optimal fetal positioning via pelvic alignment, possibly reducing labor times and improving post partum healing time
Benefits of Chiropractic Care during the postpartum period include:
- Reduced mid back pain & tension due to breast & bottle feeding
- Reduced low back aches & pains
- Improvement in carpal tunnel symptoms
- Ensures proper alignment of the pelvis as relaxin leaves the body, resulting in less low back pain
Read more about how Chiropractic care could help your newborn on our Pediatric page!
Dr. Amber Thompson, DC, CACCP has received her Certification from the Academy Council of Chiropractic Pediatrics from the Academy of Chiropractic Family Practice and is one of only two fully trained perinatal Chiropractors in the greater Boulder area, making her a leading expert in the field of pregnant, postpartum mothers and infants and children. To learn more about this certification, you may visit the ICPA4kids.com website.